RNDr. Milan Dopita, Ph.D.
- Structure Analysis Group
- 95155 1387
- Home page
- Teaching Schedule Exams
- Supervised and assigned theses
- Room / building
Ke Karlovu 5,
Ke Karlovu 2026/5, Praha 2
RNDr. Milan Dopita, PhD., (born 1978)
- 1992 – 1996 Secondary school (gymnasium), Prostějov, Czech Republic
- 1996 – 2001 Study of physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague
- 2001 Diploma in Physics (Mag.) Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague (Diploma thesis: X-ray study of quaternary composites (Ti,W)(C,N).)
- 2009 PhD. in Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague (PhD. thesis: Microstructure and properties of nanocrystalline hard coatings and thin film nanocomposites.)
- 2001 – 2005 Scientist, at the Department of Condensed Matter Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague.
- 2005 – 2015 Scientist, at the Institute of Materials Science, Technical University of Freiberg, Germany.
- 2015 – Scientist, at the Department of Condensed Matter Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague.
- 2000 Vienna University of Technology, Austria, 2000 (3 months)
- 2003 – 2004 Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany, (6 months)
- 2005 – 2015 Technical University of Freiberg, Germany.
Scientific work – fields of interest:
X-ray scattering, powder diffraction, high / low temperature powder diffraction, total scattering, pair distribution function (PDF), electron microscopy, electron back-scatter diffraction (EBSD), transmission electron microscopy and spectroscopy (TEM, TEM/EELS), spark plasma sintering / field assisted sintering technology (SPS/FAST), Rman spectroscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS), grazing incidence small angle scattering (GISAXS).
Nanocrystalline materials, nanocrystalline hard coatings and thin films, nanocomposites, metals, severely deformed materials, corrosion protective coatings for high temperature applications, hard bulk materials, cermets, ceramics, highly perturbed turbostratic carbon nanomaterials.
Real structure of materials, stress / strain determination, profile analysis, preferred orientation of crystallites, micro-texture, grain boundary engineering.
2017-2022 NanoCent - Nanomaterials Centre for Advanced Applications, OPVVV, CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/15_003/0000485
Computer skills: programming in Pascal, Fortran, Matlab, GNU Octave, Python and other computer languages, extensive experiences with numerous special scientific software
authot or co-author of 90 publications with more than 1000 citations, h-index 17 (WoS)